Almost! I almost made it! I missed the last four hours… I feel asleep a little after 3 a.m. and I’m feeling okay about it; there’s just a small tinge of regret, not a super big tinge.
Here’s my final mini challenge -and I’ll add my books to the database later today:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 20 -when I decided sleep was equal to reading (gasp!) and went to bed.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
United We Spy by Ally Carter, Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo, Possibility Dogs by Susannah Charleson or From The Kitchen of Half Truth by Maria Goodin -a YA, children’s, non-fiction, fiction (in that order) are all recent books I’ve found hard to put down.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I think it’s amazingly well-organized! I say, “keep up the great work!”
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The mini-challenges were very clever.
5. How many books did you read?
Five books and two graphic novels.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
United We Spy, The Moffats, The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More, Goliath, Home Front Girl, Chi’s Sweet Home vol 10, Wars in Toyland
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I enjoyed them all for different reasons.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Nothing I didn’t like in this group.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I tried to cheer -I hope did well but I think I’ll be looking for advice on doing better myself.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I enjoy this whole event -the thinking about what books/snacks/mini challenges- and the 24-hour, indulgent feeling of pushing everything aside to read/snack/and see what other book nerds are up to… I’m ready to go again! And I’d like to give Cheerleading another try. (So if other cheerleaders out there have tips -I’d love to hear ’em!)
And a BIG Congratulations to all the hardy folk who made it to the end!!